Saturday 4 October 2014

My Kickstarter Reward: Jeff Seiler!

JEFF SEILER:
Shortly after I read the introduction to Dave Sim's Collected Letters, wherein he requested that readers send him corrections of typos (to be fixed in the 2nd printing), I began making corrections on the printed pages, tearing them out and mailing the pages to Dave, 20 at a time. There were often 15 or 20 corrections per page. After about 60 pages, I got a postcard from Dave at Niagara Falls (where, unbeknownst to me, he was meeting Neal Adams for the Following Cerebus interview). On it, he quoted Winston Churchill by way of telling me to cease and desist with the corrections. It seems that Churchill got tired of a particularly punctilious aide correcting his split infinitives in his war dispatches, and wrote, "This is exactly the sort of thing up with which I will not put." Thus, this particular bookplate from Dave:


Share your Cerebus Archive Number One Kickstarter rewards with other Cerebus fans. Send in your head-sketch and bookplate scans and get them featured here on AMOC. Contact: MomentOfCerebus [at] gmail [dot] com. Many thanks ~ Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is straight up funny. Thank you for sharing.

Stephen said...

Just booked myself some of these in the #2 round. They can go in the remastered phone books! And the IDW Covers book...

Sadly no room in my compressed London life/flat for the archive portfolio itself.

But I'd sure like to see some of the bonus prints as standalone items: 'Cerebus & Missy' please! Maybe a head sketch too!