Monday 20 April 2015

Eddie Khanna's TedTalk

EDDIE KHANNA:
(from a Patreon Update, 12 April 2015)
...Which leads me to my upcoming TedTalk, scheduled for May 18. Shortly after Dave came back from his surgery, he told me that the whole experience gave a good opportunity to test a "Defcon 2" type of situation: i.e. Dave Sim is Dead or Incapacitated in some kind of manner that prevents him from completing The Strange Death of Alex Raymond, and determining What Happens Next. He said he'd like me to have a 1 hour conversation with [IDW Publisher] Ted Adams as if the above has happened, discussing what we see as being the next step for the project, what we think should happen, and what we think Dave would have wanted. I'll be recording the conversation using my computer and then transcribing it to send to Dave, and then he's going to add his comments, noting which parts he agrees with, which he disagrees with, and what he thinks about the conversation and our assessments and decisions (much easier this way than having to use a Ouija board if the real thing were to happen), so I'm starting to make a list of everything we would need to cover. Just from my quick email exchange with Ted, I think I can safely say we're both on the same page about the importance of SDOAR. Read the full update at Patreon.com...

Eddie Khanna is the Vancouver-based reader of Dave Sim's Glamourpuss who began researching The Strange Death Of Alex Raymond "by mistake". Read the full story of how that happened here...

1 comment:

jonbly said...

Seems like a very roundabout way for Dave to find out what Dave wants...