Tuesday 28 April 2015

Dave Sim's Once-A-Month Left-Handed Update

DAVE SIM:
Howdy!  Once a month is my "Online Involvement" these days. Check Paypal ($514 this month: thanks everyone!) and the petition (599 down 1401 to go).

Nice to see all the tribute art!  In 2015, no less!

Pain-free day for the hand last Thursday and most of Friday.  I'm pretty sure that acupuncture (which someone mentioned) is on the agenda.  The thing is that if you have pain you have to go back a step, so I'm still doing the same things I was doing two weeks ago.  Oh, well, it's still only Week Five of Eight (collect them all!).  Worst Case Scenario is that A-V "collapses" around my autograph.  If that's all I CAN do, that's all I SHOULD do because that's where the money comes from.  Assembly of the SDOAR research can all be done with my left hand solo as can (I suspect) "road-mapping" what the rest of the book WOULD HAVE looked like if only...dot dot dot

Eddie Khanna and Ted Adams are having a phone discussion 5/18 about Really Worst Case Scenario: i.e. I get hit by a bus and this is as far as I got on SDOAR so what do we want the book to look like? I'll "weigh in" when I get a transcript from Eddie...

...unless I get hit by a bus in the meantime (nyuck nyuck nyuck)

UPDATE this week will start from "Can social media generate a new audience for CEREBUS?" as premise with what Jeff S. and Sandeep are working on.  Obviously Jeff and Sandeep will be soliciting feedback from ANYone who believes in social media (about the social media they believe in).

Personally, I'm focussed more on "end of life" issues since I have no idea when my life is going to end and there's a lot to get done.

Hopefully getting the staples out of my former bellybutton on Thursday, being top of mind!

[Sandeep: the appointment is 11:30 am so I might not be back at the OWH right at 12:30.  Bring a book and hang out in front of Camp David if it's sunny!]

See you next month with more left-handed fun.

8 comments:

Max West said...

That was me who mentioned acupuncture. Whatever you do, Dave, I hope your hand gets better.

I'll do what I can to promote Cerebus on social media. I did mention the Cerebus Online Tumblr via my blog and mention it on Twitter too sometimes.

Kit said...

Posting Cerebus a page a day, from the beginning, on Tumblr, seems to misunderstand how both Tumblr and Cerebus work.

Jeff Seiler said...

Now, waitaminnit...

Was that a left-handed-compliment you paid me, or what?

Guache? Or, droit?

Heh. Perhaps, not so adroit.

Just a little Quebuecoise to, um, tick you off, Dave.

Just foolin' around to kill the time 'til I can get to work for real...

Jeff Seiler said...

Oh, yeah!!!

I forgot!!!

When I got those tubes pulled out of my neck, back when I had all that buildup under my jaw after the tooth was pulled, and I got better...

When the drainage tubes were pulled...

You should have seen the grossness...

It was *really* cool!

So...

Let's see some pics of the staples getting pulled!!!

Everyone?

You *know* your inner 8-year-old is jonesing for those pics,right?!?!?!!!

Jeff Seiler said...

WAITTAMINNUT!!!!!!!!

Thoisday!?!

Dat's my birfday!!!

Where's my card????????!!!!!

Where's my phone call, updating me on all of the important A-V, (Inc.), issues of the day???????!!!!!

Whoi, the noive of youse....

Oy oughtta....

Travis Pelkie said...

Happy 1000th birthday, Jeff!

hee hee!

Tony Dunlop said...

Looks like Jeff had a little too much cake and kool-aid on his birthday...

Unknown said...

Not my birthday yet...But I *do* get a free dessert at McCormick and Schmick's restaurant downtown, and a free small Schlotzky's sandwich (my favorite), if I go out to Edina, where the only such franchise in the Twin Cities is located. Maybe a free beer or two at a pub or two. Etc.

A few of the very few perks of being 1,000 years old...