Sunday 26 July 2015

Chris Ryall, IDW Editor-In-Chief

CHRIS RYALL:
(from Chris Ryall's gallery at Comic Art Fans)
Based on some of the images I've posted here, it seems like I just ask Dave Sim to draw me but really, I don't...

This is the header Dave wants in the first issue of his coming Strange Death of Alex Raymond series. 



This is the header Dave wants in the second issue of his coming Strange Death of Alex Raymond series.


In the midst of sending material for his amazing, coming-someday Strange Death of Alex Raymond comic, he included these bonus pieces of original art. Since he's got me appearing in the comics' letters pages, this is his initial drawing of me before working on the page itself. Again, pretty amazing to have Dave Sim draw me.


This seems odd but in one of the packages of material Dave Sim sent to us, he included, out of the blue, this drawing of me, my wife and kid. Which was a pretty oddly wonderful surprise. I look like a Cerebus character, which is maybe the greatest I will ever look. 

1 comment:

Travis Pelkie said...

Man, Ryall gets to work with Dave, including getting his picture drawn by him AND has a lovely family? Lucky so-and-so! Plus, his comic the Colonized was pretty neat.

I assume the first two pieces were from when SD was going to be a regular "pamphlet" comic, and not a series of trades.