Monday 19 March 2012

Diary Of An Actress... Siu Ta (so far)

SIU TA:
(from the Cerebus Yahoo Group, 23 August 2006)
Dave Sim is a friend of my husband and I. Siu Ta (so far) is a comic strip Dave created based on my life as an actor. Dave chooses some production stills or photos of the projects I've worked on and writes up the strip by episodes. He's just finished the second episode that I will send to my friend to put up on the website in a week or so. Dave's currently working on the third episode and its on a tv series I acted in called This Is Wonderland. This is just for fun for Dave as it's so different from his 26 years of working on Cerebus that he completed a couple of years ago. We have plans to do four episodes of Siu Ta (so far), at most five episodes that will be posted up in the coming months.

DAVE SIM:
(from the Jinx World Forums, 25 February 2008)
I do have at least one more installment of Siu Ta (so far) to do - which is actually the first one. Unfortunately (or, perhaps, fortunately) I have a lot of other work to do in the meantime so it never quite makes it to the top of the list. It was a very helpful exercise, though, in learning some basic rules of photorealism comics which is pretty much what I was doing it for.

Siu Ta is a Vietnamese Canadian actress and independent short film producer.

Click the images to enlarge to a readable version.

1 comment:

Alastair said...

That drawing of Siu Ta at the bottom right of the first strip is just gorgeous. She looks like a beautiful woman, either its that, or Dave's photo realism style.